stat counter

Friday, April 1, 2011

Fun times in Alaska


Coming home is always a refreshing experience, and this visit is no exception.  There is something so nice about the familiarity of driving the roads, seeing the businesses and reuniting with old friends.  All this is very welcoming, but nothing comes close to the joy I have in watching my parents interact and bond with my daughter.  It's so sweet to see them get excited about such simple things that I, undoubtedly, take for granted.  Mom said to me the other day, "Papa got to give Molli her bath two days in a row, but it's okay because I got to give her a bottle tonight."  The thought occurred to me that while I tend to feel bad having them do all these "tasks" I should just let loose and let them do all this stuff!  Baby food? Have at it!  Diaper? Knock yourself out! Jammie time? Go for it!  It's been wonderful having two sets of willing hands at my fingertips.  It'll be a shock to my system to go back to the real world and have to do most everything myself again.  For now, I'll relish the help!

I've also gotten to spend some time with a couple friends who happen to have little guys Molli's same age.  In fact, last time I was here, I was about 22 weeks pregnant and my fellow pregnant friends and I got together for a fun picture.

Less than a year later, we have our rug rats wiggling around and chewing on things.  It was so funny watching them interact!  I love how kids, essentially the same age, can be so very different! We have already had three play dates, one of them with two special friends.  Henley and Carson played hard and were so cute together!


Carson conked first...

Then Molli joined him...


And finally, Henley too.


Naturally, after naps, everyone got clean diapers and we just had to strip them down for a nakie photo opp! From left to right Henley- Ellen's, Carson- Kaity's, and Molli- Erin's.


We have been slowly exploring new foods with Molli and last night was her first experience with a banana in her mesh feeder.  Such an absolute mess, but look how much fun she had!


And of course, we've had LOTS of play time on the floor with Grammy and Papa.


Look who is trying to grow up!  Noooo!


Papa loves his girl!!


Most of these toys are practically ancient.  Mom and Dad saved them from when we were little and Molli seems to enjoy them just as much as we did.  She throughly enjoyed Uncle Nate's favorite toy- the stackable rings



And of course the squeaky wrench. I think this was Uncle Zach's.


Mr. Carson came back over today and had some fun.  Some slight fussiness was quickly cured by rice puffs...they both were happy about that!


Carson went home and this girl couldn't stay awake a moment longer.  Down she went for her "nap." Her grammy says she doesn't nap, she recharges.  Recharge she did, and 20 minutes later she's up and blowing bubbles, followed by a stream of mamamamama and finished with a juicy raspberry.  Welcome back little one!


No comments:

Post a Comment