stat counter

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I was on a roll for a while there, but I slacked off and now have to rewind myself for a proper update.

Miss Molli has been growing up before my eyes.  She passed her 6 month mark, with a checkup at the doctor's office confirming that she is, in fact, perfect.  Our rascal was 14lbs 6oz and 25.5in at her appointment, concluding that she is of average length/height and relatively skinny.  Oh yeah, and she has a big head =)


Speaking of big head, little missy got her portraits done today and ushed and gushed over her images on the screen as we were picking out what we wanted to get. She seemed to recognize herself!  Unless, of course, she was just excited to be looking at a TV without me turning her away. The pictures went well and I left there with prints in my hand and feeling quite proud that I didn't buy anything that I didn't already plan to buy.



She has been exploring the world on a slightly different level now that the weather has temporarily improved.  We've gone for walks, with her sitting upright in her stroller and we've hit the park a couple times now.  Our girl loves, loves, loves the swing!  She gets all tense and squeally when the air hits her face and she flies through the air.  So fun!




A couple we are friends with are letting us borrow their exersaucer until their to-be-born little girl is old enough for it.  Let's just say, Mommy gets to take showers lasting more than 3 minutes again!  It's a wonderful thing, all around!


Molli and I are heading up to Alaska for a couple weeks on Saturday.  It will be sad to leave Myles behind, but other than that, I am really looking forward to the trip.  We'll get to see Grammy and Papa, and Molli (and I) will get to meet some friends!  A few of my friends back home have had babies around the same age as M so we'll definitely have to make play dates!  It's been fun watching her learn to interact at play dates now.  She loves to look at other babies and gets so very excited about it.  She'll just smile so big and want to touch the other kiddos.  I love it!

Right now she is singing (at least, that's what I like to think it is) to herself and playing.  She can certainly manhandle those toys now!

No comments:

Post a Comment