stat counter

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Words

Molli has really been exploring the idea of verbal communication.  Her tongue sounds clumsy and she can't say very many things well, but she is trying things out everyday.  Some of her favorite words are:
Daddy- "dahdee"
Molli- "Mah-yee"
No- "No"
Bye- "BYE!, buh-bye, bubbies"
Night-night- "nih-night"
Elena- "Ah-na-na-na"
More- "Maaaah" (which also means please, I'm hungry or I want something)
Hello?- "A-oo?" (answering phone)
Book/banana- "buh"
Ball- "Bah"


There are probably several others, but these are what came to mind.

It's all so sweet!  We've been trying to teach her to say "I love you" because she's tried it our before.  When she does it, it usually is just a sloppy mess of syllables and tongue movements.  It definitely doesn't sound like anything, but it's cute when she tries.  More often than not, however, when we tell her "I love you," she will say "Bye!".  She has heard us say "I love you" in a salutation enough times that the two have become synonymous for her.  One day she will figure it out, but for now it's just sweet.  It makes me happy that Myles and I are telling the people we love on a regular basis, that we do, in fact, love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment