stat counter

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My sick artist.

It seems all too appropriate that immediately following Mother's Day, I got a whole new taste of motherhood.  This taste came in the form of a tummy bug and it was all over the place.  For the life of me I cannot imagine how on earth someone as beautiful and sweet as my little Molli could produce this.  Mass chaos broke out as I cleaned up a mess on bed sheets. I gave Molli a bath and strapped Gavin into the high chair with a snack. Of course this would be the only time in his little life that he didn't want food.  He was making a ruckus at me to hurry it up. I was trying to hurry, but nothing compared to the hustle I found myself in when I heard the distinct sound of puke hitting the kitchen floor.  I grabbed Molli by the armpits, held her out in front of me and ran around the corner and into the bathroom. It was like a war zone. More specifically a war zone slip-n-slide.  I had my phone with me and when she was done she looked at me and said, "Woah, I just blowed up. Are you taking a picture?" I wasn't, but I did.  I'll spare you.  Just know that the aftermath took up my evening and I was gagging at it. I tried to cover the smell with air freshener but accidentally sprayed bug spray.  Note:  Bug spray does NOT help.

I was scared to feed her but the kid needs food from time to time so I gave her a little rice for dinner with a pedialyte popsicle.  She was definitely into the popsicle and after eating it a bit too fast she grabbed her head with both hands, squeezed her eyes closed and exclaimed, "Popsicles do it too!  It's not just ice cream!  BRAIN FREEZE!" This made me laugh.  I always feel bad wen I laugh at my kid's pain, but you can't blame me, it's sometimes funny.

All that to say we decided to lay low today.  I will admit that not a single one of us got dressed.  We did not leave the house, nor did we have anyone to impress.  We found mellow activities to keep entertained; the highlight of which was definitely painting. It was so fun watching her paint her people! I painted her circles and she did the rest.  I had to bite my tongue and tell myself to chill when she repeatedly tainted the yellow with every other color (especially black). She's new at portraits, so give her a break. Also, appreciate the skill progression.

First Grammy came into being.  Her hair is "stacked up tall" on her head.  She might have three legs and three eyes:

Then came Papa.  He is a bit more abstract and some of his less prominent features are magnified here.  This painting included a whole lot of extra water, disfiguring poor papa a bit.  His hair is looking fabulous, each piece "sticking up."


After these two beauties came Papu! For a first time portrait maker, this man is looking great!


With her Papu comes her Nanette.  Here Nanette is sporting a sunshine ombre look. Her hair stands, but my, do you see how nicely her bangs lay! 


Grammy and Papa are going to visit Uncle Zach for his graduation so it only made sense that he is also a piece of her artwork.  Here you see a very good looking young man, with purple hair.  He doesn't look happy, but I'm sure he is!


Uncle Brian has a lot going on.  Let me translate going counterclockwise: Black arm, yellow leg, purple leg, green arm, purple hair, yellow hair, more purple hair.  I'm thinking this is a new punk version of Brian with a lip ring and a soul patch.  Also, maybe an eye patch.


This is sideways and a bit complicated.  It's Aunt Tamara (blue) Uncle Nate (green and black) baby Sam (yellow, green and black) and Cousin Jack (orange black and blue). There are a lot of body parts.


Grandma Hand.  I know for sure some of this is long hair.  It seems that Grandma Hand is having a tummy bug of her own.


And last but not least, Daddy. Daddy has red arms and I think he is either dancing or a zombie.  She made sure not to give him hair though.



One day when Molli is a famous artist, you all can smile and remember these.  She is feeling much better, in case you were wondering.  I can't stand for my kids to be sick, but when they are, I can appreciate the calm.  Her attention span would not typically accommodate for such masterpieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment