stat counter

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ode to my mom

Today is the birthday of a very special person.  My mom.  She is my best friend and someone I look forward to talking to everyday. We haven't always been as close as we are now, but I can only hope that when Molli is grown up, she and I have a similar relationship. Mom taught me all I know about being a mother, so I sure hope I am able to follow in her parenting footsteps. It's a big role to fill, with lots of expectations!


One year ago today, Myles and I skyped with Mom and Dad and gave them the big news about Molli.  Of course, at the time, we didn't know it was a "Molli."  It could just as easily have been a "Seth." We hadn't even seen our little bean yet, but we were already in love and I'm pretty sure I will never be able to top that birthday present.  

Growing up, and even still, everyone says how much I look like my dad.  My dad is a handsome man, and all my brothers look like him, so it's not a bad thing, but what a treat it is when people comment that I look like my mom!  These comments are rare, and typically come from people who have only seen my mom and not my dad, but I'll take it.  A couple people have told me that I look like my mom here, but I think it's just because our shirts match.


At any rate, my mom is a wonderful, beautiful woman, and I am happy to have her.  

Mom, have a very happy birthday and know that you are so, so, so loved!

1 comment:

  1. I am the one who is blessed to have you for my daughter. We share such a special bond that I can't describe it. You are a beautiful, wonderful woman and I love you very much! Thank you for another special birthday!

    ReplyDelete