stat counter

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Recap...finally!

As usual, life is busy and blogging has been put on the back burner, sorry.  What's been going on, you ask?  Well, traveling has been going on, that's what!  Molli and I ventured to Florida from Dec 30-Jan 5. The trip served two very important purposes.  Molli had grandparents to meet and I had pregnant friends to surprise!  

Let me explain more. When my dear friend, Chandra, was pregnant (the first of our close knit college group) the rest of us teamed up with her husband to plan a surprise weekend with her.  It was a beautiful reunion and well worth doing again.  Which is why, this summer, when I was pregnant, the girls teamed up with my husband and planned a surprise trip to Illinois for me!  THEN much to the Sansotta's surprise, the husbands showed up too!  It was the best reunion ever.  I have some very amazing college friends and I love that we can just pick up where we left off every time we get back together.  Which leads me to this Florida trip.  Allison and Amanda are both pregnant now, so as per tradition, a surprise visit was warranted. 

The surprise didn't go down with such a bang as it has in the past, but it was very pleasant, although entirely too short.  We had a delightful breakfast together, then Amanda had to leave to continue her drive with her husband and dogs back to Chicago and I spent that day and the next with Chandra, Cooper (her son), Allison and Molli. It was relaxed and sweet.  We watched the documentary "Babies," ate Chick-fil-a, stayed up till midnight for New Years and experimented with baby cereal for the first time.  All in all, this visit was wonderful, but would have been more wonderful with Amanda there for more of it, and more time in general. 











The trip continued at Papu and Nanette's (Myles' dad and step-mom, Marc and Suzette).  It was such a special moment to observe their first interaction with their granddaughter.  Suzette did very well with Molli and spent some sweet time sitting with one another in their jammies.  I got some very sweet pictures, but I'm not so sure Suzette would love for them to be online =) Marc pretty much had to be scooped up off the floor at first sight.  He basically slopped around in a big melty puddle the entire time we were there.  He spent most of the time marching Molli around the house, filling her sweet baby ego with words like, "pretty," "perfect," "beautiful," and anything equally endearing.  He was like a little boy and Molli was his new favorite toy.  He toted her around and played with her every chance she got.  All in all, our little angel was spoiled with love!  
















We have quite a traveled baby now though!  We are currently in Idaho, visiting the rest of Myles's family.  Update on this trip to come!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the written update! Makes me very anxious to have my turn with Molli again. Can't come soon enough! You do such a nice job in your blog - you have always been a very good writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have stayed longer :(

    I miss you and Molli!

    ReplyDelete