stat counter

Thursday, September 27, 2012

2 years and 2.5 months

I have thoroughly enjoyed each stage of infancy through toddlerhood that we’ve experienced so far.  Sure the sleeplessness, temper tantrums and increased levels of overall messiness are not always fun, but the immense love I have for my children covers the sour parts with ease.  I am so grateful to have these two in my life.

Molli, you’re working on potty training which has been pretty exciting!  We are not throwing ourselves into it and expecting success after a weekend, or anything like that.  We’re just taking it one day at a time and eating a lot of M&Ms. You are doing great with it!  Earlier today I was thinking about the sweetness of your excitement over something so little.  You love to use the potty and fully expect a celebration each and every time you go.  I love how you throw yourself completely into whatever you are doing.  You are definitely an all or nothing kid, and it’s been very sweet to see you take ownership of something and be proud of yourself. 

You turned two last week and had an Elmo birthday party.  I never thought I’d do a character party, but you really love him.  You never even watched TV (except for Planet Earth, which your dad and I deemed acceptable viewing material) until you were a whole year old.  When we were packing to move to Alaska I, admittedly, turned on Elmo’s World and let you be distracted by that while I packed and cleaned.  You were hooked from then on!  You called him “IE” for the longest time, which was so random but funny. 


Anyway, I can’t believe you’re already two years old.  You’re my little master-mind, problem solving, copy cat.  You never forget anything. You’re talking in full sentences and have a vocabulary that amazes me daily.  A couple weeks ago you watched your dad eat a pepper and asked him if he liked spicy foods then informed him that you don’t.  How does an almost two year old even know about spicy foods?  You seem to understand the concept of two without having even been taught- you’ll acknowledge when there are two of something and point it out regularly.  You’re my special girl and an amazing big sister!


Gavin, my baby boy.  You are two and a half months old and the sweetest little guy.  I spend a lot of time with you on my lap, facing me and we just smile at each other.  I say hi to you and you give me a big open mouthed, gummy grin.  I love it!  You’re a little bit serious sometimes, but with me you’re pretty cheeky.  When I stare at you, I find myself watching your mouth most of the time, waiting for the first subtle hints of an upcoming smile, then relishing the sweetness that comes with your smiley love.  When I take my eyes off your poochy little lips, I look at your bright eyes, chunky cheeks and double chin.  They are all good.  I’m sorry for the cellulite that covers your legs and butt cheeks, but I love it too.  We call you chunker and you’ve definitely earned your nickname!  You are a momma’s boy and I really can’t complain.  I adore cuddling with you really can’t get enough of it.


Surely my kids are not perfect, but they are perfect for me.  I’m sure glad to have them.  I hope I never forget or take for granted these special days.

No comments:

Post a Comment