stat counter

Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy birthday Molli!


My baby is one.  How is this possible?  It seriously seems like last month that we brought her home from the hospital.  Everyone told me that time would fly and I’m glad I believed them.  I have made and still do make an effort everyday to just watch Molli and appreciate her at each stage.  She has grown so much this year! 


When my mom and dad came to visit right after Molli was born, I told them how sad I was when she turned one week old, then two weeks old.  I was sad because I knew that each passing week was one that I wouldn’t ever get back and before I knew it, she’d be one.  And here we are.  I have a one year old.  I’ve been a mom for a year.  Not possible!
  
Looking back on this past year brings back so much joy!  Molli has been an incredible light to our family and I’m so grateful that she has extended family members who are excited to share in her childhood and love on her the same way her dad and I do.  As she transitions from baby to toddler, she is becoming such a fun little girl.  She’s intensely full of life and personality.  Anyone who has spent time with her would certainly agree.

We had her birthday party two days early, on Sunday, and it was so much fun. Amanda and Drew came down on the train and brought Molli’s BFF with them.  Addison is such a sweetheart!  Molli loved her!  It was adorable to watch Molli interact with her.  She wanted to give Addi hugs and kisses and be as close to her as possible.  She did a pretty good job of sharing her toys, but we’ve got some work to do in that area =)


Molli popped a squat into the boppy, right behind Addi


She loved touching her...her hands, her face, everything!


Again, the touching


Ritterfamily




The birthday party was stressful beforehand but it all came together and I think everyone had a good time.  Molli got to see so many people who love her!  She had a piece of watermelon, which is her favorite food, and got to have a cup cake.  She loooved it!  My girl was sticky as can be and was full of sugar!  She got some wonderful gifts from family and friends…now her momma is slacking with thank you notes!




We went for lots of walks









So here we are, without a baby, waiting for toddlerhood to emerge.  We are somewhere in the middle, grieving the loss of babyhood but celebrating the next upcoming, wonderful phases.

Happy birthday sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment