stat counter

Monday, October 4, 2010

Morning one

This is the first morning with just Molli and me.  The house feels empty this morning.  I grew rather fond of our bedtime and morning routine with my parents around.  Not only did I get to sleep more, I also got to do so knowing that my favorite little girl is spending time with her grandma and grandpa, the two people I respect most in the world.  If a little bit of them can rub off on her, we will all be blessed for it.  Having Mom and Dad with us for two weeks has been a healthy reminder of how much I still need my parents.  Their support and confidence in Myles and me has been a daily encouragement and I am so thankful for that.  A young couple starting out in the real world needs that kind of support.  I really hate living so far apart from my family, but I'm sure there are lessons to be learned.  More thoroughly appreciating time spent together has certainly become a reality for us.  One day, I hope, we will move up to Alaska and will give our beautiful Molli a chance to have a special bond with her grandparents who cannot get enough of her.  They will have a relationship and she will develop her own associations with them- The grandpa with the candy and the grandma who rubs my head so I fall asleep...
That's all for now, I have to rescue this baby from her swing as a bad case of the hiccups has ruined her contentment!

No comments:

Post a Comment