stat counter

Monday, February 14, 2011

Alas, I am a bad blogger.
We have been up to almost exactly nothing, and it's hard to be inspired to write about nothing!  Molli is (finally) sleeping in her crib at night.  She does well with it most of the time but still wakes up at night and beckons me to replace her pacifier, then goes back to sleep the moment the darn thing is back in her mouth.  How bizarre babies are to be so very soothed by something that seems so silly to grown ups. Her pacifier problem leads me to anther, semi-related issue:
We still swaddle her at night because 1) it keeps her warm, 2) it prevents her from pulling out the ever necessary pacifier and 3) she typically sleeps longer when swaddled.  It's not an issue of newborn wild arms anymore.  I've been thinking about abandoning the swaddle in hopes that we can teach her to replace her own darn pacifier at night.  Even in full awakeness she can't figure out the motor skills needed to put that thing in her mouth very well, much less keep it in.  She seems to have an irresistible urge to mess with anything in or near her mouth.


More often than not this girl of ours is tense, rigid and LOUD.  There are very few instances of sweet, calm quiet baby but I did manage to capture one of those instances on video.  She was playing happily on the floor by herself and I couldn't resist recording the moment, because I knew it wouldn't last long.  


Our big girl is getting stronger everyday.  She amazes us with her abilities and the silly things she does.  She is sitting up on her own now (although I always have a pillow or myself behind her because I'm not 100% confident that she will not fling herself about and bust her head).  Sitting up makes bath time even more fun too!  She finally discovered that she can flail her arms and splash into the water as well as kick the water.  Bath time is part of our evening routine now and I think she likes it. I gave her a bath mohawk the other day, but didn't have my camera around, unfortunately.  Check out all the hair she has now!  It's getting longer and filling in nicely.  She does have a thinner baldish area on the back of her head from laying down on it, but hopefully that will start to fill back in now that she's doing more sitting. 



The weather has been awful since the snow storm- super freezing, stay inside kind of weather.  So we've been doing just that; staying in.  We are welcoming the warmer weather we're experiencing this week.  We have big plans to go for walks everyday and at least once we will pack a lunch and walk to work to visit Daddy and have lunch at a park.  No, it's not picnic weather, by any means, but we are desperate to do something outdoors and that seems like an easy enough thing.  Even if it's too cold to eat at the park, we can still walk there and eat in the car or inside where Myles works.  

Molli is currently enjoying her morning nap and I think I am going to do likewise.  Happy Valentines day everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I am also very excited about the predicted weather this week! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete