stat counter

Sunday, February 27, 2011

My last post was #50!  It's not terribly impressive, but it's a milestone of sorts.  Cool.

Anyhoo...
We have had a good day today!  Despite getting very little sleep last night, we were up and at 'em at 6:30 this morning and went to a new church in a nearby town.  Myles has been preaching at a church an hour away for two years now and it's just about time for something different.  Don't get me wrong, we love the people there and they have been more then good to us, but an hour drive to and fro every Sunday gets old, especially with a baby.  Especially with a nursing baby. Especially with a baby who needs diaper changes and we have to suffice to change in the car due to a lack of a bathroom (and running water). So yeah, we're not done there, but we are keeping our eyes out for ministries that will suit our family better at this point.  Myles has applied for a preaching position at this church (about 12 minutes away, running water, bathroom, basement with kitchen- the works!) and preached there this morning.  It was a positive experience for everyone, I think. For now we are praying that something will work out that we will all be happy with.

While we were there I met a lady who has a pottery wheel and TWO kilns in her basement!  Her friend loaned her these items and had plans to teach her to use them, then passed away.  So she kind of acquired them blindly. We talked pottery and she offered for me to come over and play around with her!  I'm definitely excited and really hope that we can (safely) learn how to work these items together.  I can throw pottery on the wheel just fine, I'm not worried about that, but the kiln will take some learning and practice. We will research and learn together. She has my number so I will just wait for her to call.  Maybe she will hate doing it and give the stuff to me! haha

Tomorrow we are heading to Springfield and Myles will work on a bike at the bike shop while Molli and I cruise the town.  We have big plans for Jo-Ann's, Michael's and a 2 for one deal at Chipotle! It's pitiful how excited I get to leave, not only the house, but town even!  Actually this week we will be going to three different towns; Springfield tomorrow, Peoria Wednesday to pick up/buy a craft table I found on Craigslist, and some other day to Bloomington to pick up Molli's 5 month portraits. Look out world, we are coming out of the woodworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment