stat counter

Friday, February 4, 2011

It was a big day for Molli and me.  We actually left the house for the first time since Monday!  We are such hermits.  We've been homebodies partly due to the fact that we are presently a one car family, and also because of "the beast," a big ugly storm that swept through the midwest.  It was pretty exciting although now I think I'm officially ready for spring.  It's hard to tell how much snow we got from it because of the drifts but we have a solid 18" in our back yard from this storm!  


The storm was unbelievably windy!  It made my house whistle.  We have a shed out back and snow even blew in under the door:

Everything in Lincoln shut down while the storm was upon us.  Myles got to spend Tuesday home with us!  I think he spend most of his time organizing the basement though.  Since no one is living in the basement anymore we have turned our heat down because the main floor is heated with the fireplace. It's cold in the basement, for real. At one point I needed a break, or maybe a shower, I'm not sure, so Myles took Molli and this is what I found when they came back upstairs:


We are working on establishing a more concrete bedtime routine, hoping that she will start going to bed earlier.  Tonight, however, she is not being tricked into sleep.  She did great with the whole bath then cereal and fall asleep.  Unfortunately, she is currently wide awake and there is not an end in sight.  Booo!

I guess that's all for now!


1 comment: