stat counter

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's beyond time for an update, I know.  We had a burst of fabulous weather last week and I made an effort to be out of the house as much as possible.  We did just that and thoroughly enjoyed lots of walks!  The one (and only) down side to that is that I have been semi-neglectful of my household responsibilities.  Sure, the dishes are getting done everyday and the laundry is more or less making it to its respective locations, but the details have been sorely overlooked.  I guess this cold front is mother nature's way of reminding me that I have things to do inside too!

So here we are.  I have taken it upon myself to finally finish a long awaited project.  Before Molli was born I had brainstormed how I wanted her room to look and decided upon the customary "name hanging above crib" adornment.  I had a multitude of ideas come and go, then was put on bed-rest, therefore the idea was on the back burner anyway, then her birth came and went, and now I have a five month old with a finally finished name above her crib!

We decided not to use the bumpers that came with her bedding set because of the risk of relation to sids.  Sooo, I busted out one of my best friends, the seam ripper and tore up some bumpers.  I glued my super cute had been bumper fabric to a piece of wood that my darling husband, ever so kindly, cut up and drilled holes in for me. While the glue gun was still hot and ready I glued ribbon to the painted letters, pierced the fabric, screwed my Hobby Lobby dresser knobs through said holes and hung the letters.  Viola!  My baby's wall has her name on it!


Backing up, to when it was still warm...
Molli is a big girl now and sits up in her stroller!  She's over the days of being pushed around in her car seat/stroller.  This girl wants to see the world!  But the world is so tiring...





... especially when you have this much energy!



This (these) just in: 


1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful little teeth!!!! That deserves a special prize from Grammy and Papa!

    ReplyDelete